Friday, October 12, 2012

Sickness and Paint

After my last post, we had a bit of an eventful time.  I picked the children up from school on Friday and Mathew said he was not feeling very well.  He did not look like he was feeling great either.  Once we got home both kids went to the living room but only a few minutes later Mathew was standing in front of me in the kitchen vomiting.  UGH!  The flooring in the kitchen is not the best to puke or spill anything on.  The wood floors have some large gaps in them that everything gets stuck in so when he vomited all over the floor he did it good.  To make matters worse, I had to cook soon after this and cleaning up vomit and the smell of it still lingering did not make for a great cooking experience.  So needless to say, Friday he was on the couch in the living room until Saturday morning.

Saturday morning, he was feeling much better in the morning which I was happy about but did not have a great appetite.  We had some errands to run so that we could get started with Painting the house.  I had done the entrance but needed a second coat on the top and had run out of the Lovely Green color I needed. So we went to B&Q in Peterborough to get some more.  While we were there, we looked for a color for the living area.  We knew we wanted to get rid of the yellow color but we were not sure on what beige color we wanted.  Beige is always the go to when we have a home because it always goes with all our decor.  We chose a color and of course they did not have 4 -2.5L containers of it... so we moved on to another to see if we could come close to what we had decided.  We finally found Toasted Almond.  It was a deeper beige color and I thought it would look nice on the walls.  So we grabbed up 4 cans hoping it would be enough to do the living space!
Morning Fog

Sunday we had church and then fellowship followed.  It was a nice service and the food was delicious afterwards.  We always like to take some time out of our Sundays and get to know people from church at functions like this.  This is why we liked Fort Dix Chapel before it all changed over.  It was nice to just sit, relax and enjoy company there.  Once we left, Paige said she was not feeling well.. UH OH.... We came home and she was on the couch.  She said she could feel her tummy was just not right.  She did not vomit but she seemed as she might.  I was really hoping we could get past her being sick but I guess not.  So Sunday was a pretty lazy day for us.  Mathew of course is always on his bike.

Monday was Mat and I's only day off together without kids but of course Paige woke up not feeling well and so I kept her home.  It was a not what we had planned but heck... when does it ever go as planned when you have kiddos.  She was confined to my bedroom and only out when she needed a bite to eat or needed to use the bathroom.  She tried several times to come out but I refused to play that game.  You are sick, you are in the bed!  I finished painting the entrance and then started on the living room. UGH!  I do not like edging or painting anymore!  It was a paint in the booty to get to done and took 3 days to complete.  I felt like I got into a good rhythm and then had to stop to do something else.  Cleaning was put on hold for the most part on Monday.



Tuesday both kids were well and so off to school they went.  More painting done and some breaks to get cleaning done as well.  Time goes so fast during the day.  The kids came home from school and then Mat.  We had dinner and then decided to take the kids to the Tops In Blues concert at RAF Molesworth.  The concert was great but it got late and so we had to leave before it was over.  The performers did a wonderful job keeping everyone interested and kept the energy up.  We arrived home and the kiddos were off to bed as were Mat and I.




Wednesday was another day of school.  The kids were a bit hard to get moving but that is expected from the late night at the concert.  Paige had a play date that night so we were getting everything ready for that as well as school.  Mathew was sad that he was not able to go over to someone house but he doesn't realize that you can not just go to other peoples' houses and that you must be invited.  He also feels that at 5 he should have friends like Paige and that parents should be ok with their children coming over to play.  Not everyone is at ease with that as I am leery because at 5 you are not as aware as you are at 9... even though still at 9 it is hard for me to let go of control of Paige.  There are too many bad things that can happen.  After school Paige walked home with her friend and we headed back to the house.  We waited for Mat to get home and then Mat, Mathew and I went for an exploration at the Great Fen.  What a BEAUTIFUL place!  It is very natural and we were able to catch site of some Deer there.  Too bad I could not get a clear photo since they were in the distance.  After that we headed to pick up Paige.  Her friends house is pretty close to ours so it was easy to find.  The family is super nice and very inviting.  They have 3 girls and each girl had a playmate over for the evening.  It was hard to pull Paige from her friend but we managed after about 30 minutes.  It is nice that she can have such a great friend with a wonderful family.

Thursday was an eventful  day.  We woke and there was a gorgeous sunrise.  Many mornings we wake and are able to see the sun as it comes up.  This morning the colors were amazing!  I got the kids ready and headed to the school.  Moments after arriving home and grabbing my coffee, I received a call from Mat that he needed me to head to base.  Not too many details were given but when he says he needs me, it is obviously important so I headed out.  I was not too far from the house when he called and said nevermind but I continued and we decided to have lunch together.  He filled me in on the situation that was going on while I was on the phone and when we got to lunch, he received several calls and it turns out that I was needed.  One of the troops had a family emergency and were at the hospital.  They have 2 young children, 1 and 3, and the wife's sister wanted to go to the hospital to be with them.  So I went over with Mat and grabbed the kiddos up and placed them into the car.  What I did not know before arriving at the house was that this family is spanish speaking and only speak a little English.  The children do not speak it at all.  So there was going to be a big language barrier for me but I knew we would work through it.  I felt horrible that I could not understand the little girl but she seemed to understand me and we used pointing and signing to make it through the day.  Mom and Dad returned home around the time I had to pick up the kids from school so I took the kiddos to pick up my kids and then once we got back home, Mat took the little ones back to base to be with their parents.  I do not want to go into many details of the families situation but they do need some prayers so if you could say a few for comfort, they would be appreciated.  Once we were home it was time to get dinner together.  Mat's buddy Ross was headed over because they were headed to Germany for their Knights Of Columbus ceremonies.  Mat will come back a 4th degree knight as well as Ross.  It is a big event.  I wish we could have went but it was not possible this time.

Today, we woke and I WAS EXHAUSTED and my body aches.  I did not sleep well at all and so I was up half the night.  Mathew was up with Mat and Paige was in my bed when I woke... so they too did not sleep well.  Maybe it was the weather.  It rained all night and was windy.  Now I sit here trying to relax and get this body in order to clean house before the kids come home.  I am enjoying the quiet day right now and just relaxing.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment