Sunday, November 4, 2012

Our Visit to Audley End House and Gardens

Today was a great day.  We were able to get our and see another one of the English Heritage sights.  Today we went to the Audley End House.  It was Game On and the Falconers were there to show how people used  the birds to hunt for animals.  They also had a Black Lab they used to show how they flushed out the animals so the bird would attack it.  We walked around the property and saw the Gardens... flowers and food.  The kids ran around and played in the leaves, solving a murder mystery, looking at the animals as well as touring the house.  Here are just some of the photos from the day...

 Heading towards the Kitchen Garden
 Apple tree


 Some of the bird from the show...

 They even had an American one LOL

 So cool how they grow their apples here... the branches are along wires.

 The cooks in the kitchen making the food...

 I would never be able to eat this...or....
 This!!! UGH
 From the garden
 Warming up by the fire
 UGH!
 Itty Bitty Apple Trees with lots of apples on them.
 Laundry anyone?




 Fall fun

 OOPS...William went straight into a pile of leaves that was covering a huge puddle... of only I got the action of him falling into it!  It was as if he were on ice but he was up sooo fast.  Poor Guy




 Of course Mathew had to be a sneak and get Dad!
 We found who murdered the gamesman... William Wright did it!
 Petting the houses
 I wish we could have one of these guys...we need to meet up ith the landlord and her daughter for a ride!!!
 It was the dogs turn for her show!  Bella was a beautiful lab!




 Walking to the house to take our tour.
 No photos inside so they are all of the outside of the house... The inside was amazing.  All of the detail in the house was breathtaking and Mat and the boys liked looking at all the taxidermy animals inside.


Oh to be a kids and have that much energy... see ya boys!!!

Since I am here to post these.. Thankful day 2,3 and 4 will come as well...

November 2nd- I am thankful for my husband who loves me for me... he has shared the last 12 years with me and we still love eachother no matter what!  HOW AMAZING IS THAT?  We have traveled the US and now we are able to travel Europe together.  He has blessed me with the greatest 2 kiddos possible.  I am reminded every day how lucky I am.  He serves our county proudly and even though we miss him terribly when he is gone, he is always on our minds and in our hearts.

November 3rd... I am thankful for the 2 little rug rats that have kept me on my feet.  They have been my rock through their father's deployments, when I am lonely, or when I just need a reminder  to look at things a different way.  Each have their own way of doing things and I appreciate who each are becoming.  They have been true warriors through everything!

November 4th... I am thankful for my siblings.  They are always there to talk... even when It is through the computer so far away.  They have given me the best Nieces and Nephews and I look forward to seeing more come into this world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment