Monday, January 14, 2013

Let it Snow Let It Snow Let It Snow!!

Yesterday I decided I would get up with Mat in the morning while he was getting ready for work.  We could have coffee and spend a little time together while the kiddos were still asleep and it was quiet.  We have not spent much time together since he has been busy studying for his next rank and with the Christmas schedule at work he had been working long hours.

When I got up, Mat had my coffee ready and a surprise outside!!  SNOW!

taken at 3:30am

Yeah!  I was super excited. This is our first snow here in England and last year in NJ we did not have any snow so I knew the kids would be happy to see it when they woke up.  Mat left around 4 and so I sat and watched the snow accumulate on the ground and truck.  At 6am, I could not wait any longer and went to wake the kiddos up.  Mathew was first.  Usually he is a hard one to wake up.  I carried him to the window in Paige's room and showed him outside.  At this time it is still dark and the only light around the house is the orange/yellow street light in the front that can been seen from Paige's room.


 Of course as soon as he saw the snow coming down he was excited.  We woke sis up and she was fast to get up as well.  The kids got ready for school and had breakfast.  Mathew was quick to want to go outside in the snow.  He was out without his Jacket or Gloves on. BURRR... kids do not seem to have as thin skin as I do!  I brought him back in and he and Paige both put on their winter gear.  He slipped several times on the floor in the entrance.  The snow had packed on the bottom of his boots. EKKK.  He finally made it out and the kids were in full force making snow men and Mathew throwing snow balls at his sister and I.  After they finished we packed up the car and were about to leave when my brain kicked in and realized her had loaded the car 30 min earlier that we normally do, so we got out of the truck and headed back inside to warm up a little bit before heading out to school again.

A few shots before heading off to school...
 The horse set up perfectly for the photo!




I love how I was able to get them together with the background full of snow!

So off we went to school.  The roads were not bad, dirty snow due to the stuff they placed on the road to clear it.  But not slipper or anything which made it a nice drive in.  The kids soon started heading into school and you could see their excitement as they hit the playground and started throwing snowballs ( until the teacher stopped them = ) )  (Not My kiddos)  Once they went into school, I headed back home.  It was hard to get motivated to get things done though.  My insides felt frozen and I had a great view of the snow falling which was memorizing to me.  All I wanted to do was turn on the fire and lay under my blanket!  Maybe not a good thing getting up at 330am.  

I did manage to get the laundry folded and placed in the rooms.  The dishes were done and put away and the kitchen picked up.  The living room floors were swept up because the kids had tracked dried mud from their boots into the house.  But my typical Monday was put on hold to enjoy  and take in the snow!  

I hope we get a few more days out of the snow.  But if not, I am glad we did get this day!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Happy 8th Birthday to my Nephew Mason!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment