Tuesday, January 15, 2013

PROGRESS- Mathew

We have been struggling to close the gap with Mathew and his peers in the British Schools but yesterday I was elated to see that Mathew has moved up in his spelling groups.  He started at Red which is the lowest and is now in the Green Group.  One level at a time!! GO LITTLE BUDDY!  He is doing better with sounding words out to read but I still struggle to get him to sit long enough to make it through his 2 short books at one time.  It is like pulling teeth!  I fight and fight with him about it and in the end I do not see it worth getting him to the point that he does not want to even attempt.  So we take it a little at a time and I as long as I see progress in what he is doing here at home, I am happy.  Before school started he would not sit nor try to sound out words. Now he is sounding them out and blending.  We need to work on memorizing the words that can not be sounded out but we are getting there one word at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment